Satyajit Deshmukh: How I became an author ?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How I became an author ?

This is the most obvious question all my friends have in their mind when they came to know about my book and all. Actually it was never planned. I became author by accident, you can say. People ask me what inspired you. There was no single inspiration; a group of things enforced me to write a book. First one is the idea of ‘utilizing the free time into something productive’. Secondly the unique concept in my mind that, ‘a dozen full of girls can go crazy behind a single boy for his good qualities’. Thirdly, after spending 25 years of my life on earth, I wanted to see if determined, what heights I personally can I scale up. Fourthly the ‘feedback which I usually get (from even my rivals) that, my English is quite good’. Still people insist that there must be something which triggered me to write a novel containing 30,000 words. Yes there is something behind it, a hidden force which asks me to come up with ideas. Like other small town guys, I too had a dream to enter Bollywood, but as a film director. In his first visit to Pune, any normal guy will prefer to hang around F.C. road, M.I.T. or Koregaon Park. The first thing which I did on the first day of my visit to Pune was, visiting F.T.I.I. Thought the security guard restricted me to enter inside, I was able to get in touch with the students and the staff. But with a traditional family background, the wish of getting into this unconventional profession remained a dream for me. Later I studied engineering and took up the profession of an ‘IT professional’. But the director within me didn’t die. He had a number of stories to tell. So I decided to let him come out in the form of an author. But the last thing that actually gave me break as an author was, ‘luck’. Sometimes it works!

1 comment:

  1. that is really a good thing that you used your writing ability. i have seen your forum on orkut today. i would love to read your book.

    ReplyDelete